Saturday, August 9, 2014

Tea Sandwiches

For The Importance of Being Earnest at Oak Park Festival Theatre, I was lucky that these bread and butter sandwiches didn't need to be consumed, so I could save time and money by making fake ones. 
I started with a scrap piece of upholstery foam I had left from a previous project. 
 I cut it into small rectangles, around 1 1/4" wide and 4" long
 I then cut them in half width-wise by carefully wedging each piece between my scissors before cutting down.
 I used some leftover liquid latex in between the two halves
The put the pieces back together for a nice little bread and butter tea sandwich. 
Unfortunately I forgot to get a photo of all the tea sandwiches stacked daintily on the tray with the tea service, but trust me, it was lovely, and very convincing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment